Change of Name

Change of Name

There are many reasons why you might want to change your name. If you are over 16, you can simply decide to change your name by just using a different one. However, you might find it difficult to change it on your passport, driving licence or bank without legal evidence. Alexander Legal Services can draft and file the necessary legal documents for you. These documents are called a Deed Poll.

A Deed Poll is a legal document that states an intention and is most commonly used for changing a name. When you change your name by deed poll you make declarations. You must declare that:

  • You will cease to use your previous name;
  • You will always use your new name; and
  • You wish for other people to address you by your new name.

The process includes signing the document twice, once with your old name and then again with your new name.  The document will then be signed (witnessed by two independent witnesses) and then it's ready to start sending to the organisations you need update.

Alexander Legal Services will complete the whole process on your behalf for £75.

Contact us today for a no obligation appointment to discuss your name change.